Friday, February 21, 2014

Skating Fridays

New spin combinations

In addition to the jump combinations, I've also been working on altering my spins to make them Level 2. In order to get credit for a Level 2 spin, a skater must achieve 2 "features" that are listed in the IJS guidelines.

My first spin is a plain sit spin with a cannonball position and then a back tuck. Both the cannonball and the back tuck are difficult variations that make it a Level 2 spin (sorry no video yet).

The second spin is a combination spin - a camel into a sit spin, back sit spin into a back pancake. I think this is only a Level 1 spin since I have the one difficult variation (the back pancake). I'm hoping for positive GOE (grade of execution) so I can gain points. Take a look here:

Attempt #1

Attempt #2

The final spin is a back sit spin that is entered from a forward inside three-turn (difficult entry), into a forward sit spin with a side leg variation (difficult position). If this one is performed well, it should be scored as a Level 2 spin.

 Level 2 back sit spin

All this talk about IJS levels and points makes my head hurt, so I just listen to what Coach B says to do. After all, Coach knows best, right?

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...