2014 Skating AccomplishmentsLast week I shared my progress report on how I have been doing against my 2014 skating goals. I also wanted to document the things that I have accomplished this year. After all, we should always celebrate all accomplishments, regardless of how big or little they are (I borrowed this philosophy from my hero Paul Wylie).
Without further adieu, here are my 2014 accomplishments and highlights, listed in no particular order (note that many of these were listed as part of my 2014 goals):
- Passed my Adult Gold Freestyle (and at my "home" rink in Delaware)
- Competed at Adult Nationals - my first real competition
- Met my childhood skating hero... Paul Wylie!
- Refined my axel and turned it into a combination jump
- Landed my first double salchow
- Learned a legit Level 3 spin
- Attended my first skating seminar and took a private lesson from an Olympic coach
- Bought new boots and blades
- Increased my practices to 5-6 times a week
- Made significant improvements on my speed and power and even earned comments from skating coaches that I'm looking like a "real, non-adult skater"!
Other than that, it looks like it was a great skating year. I've got lofty goals in 2015 and will be sharing those with you soon.